The pace has been picking up some as my working methods for my work in progress, Street Song, have become more clear. It’s been ten years now, so some clarity ought to be expected! I have completed 13 chapters (chapters 1-11 as well as two other chapters from later in the manuscript) out of 48 chapters projected. The first seven chapters took a long time to get straight, but the channel was dug in those first seven chapter, and the water is flowing in the desired direction. I just finished my second pass through Chapter 12 and will do one, maybe two more before heading on to Chapter 13. Overall, I’m on the third and final draft of the entire book. I project another year of work and then I should be finished. Somebody asked me if I would have started this project if I’d known how hard it would be and how long it would take. I couldn’t answer. Probably yes, but I couldn’t swear to it.
Progress Report #102